Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day 10

Good evening-

It’s all about water control. I am getting very good at keeping myself hydrated without getting too much water. In the beginning, not being used to drinking water, I got to the dry mouth stage before I drank. I was dehydrated and feeling crappy. Now I sip often and never reach the dry mouth- and am beginning to feel the back of the throat signal to drink. I am weak, but being hydrated keeps my blood volume up so I don’t feel like I am going to faint if I sit or stand- and I feel much more comfortable. Today I felt very good. I had to take out the trash and pick up dog poop- but I took my time and did it in stages resting in between and I did fine.

The rash on my over my left kidney has gotten bigger, and it itches. There is a smaller rash on the right side. Nothing else is going on. My ring is loose. I have lost maybe 15 pounds. I am amazed that I can go without eating for ten days and feel as good as I did today. The body is so awesome. It is being completely self-contained- I am only giving it air and water.

I think about food sometimes, but not in a “I wish I could eat this” kind of way. I think about what I will be eating when I am done. Sometimes this thinking makes my mouth water and soon my stomach might growl, but I am not hungry. And I don’t dwell on food- so it isn’t a problem. I don’t want to eat, I want to fast. If I go thirty days then I have done one third of the time. If most of the days could be as good as today I won’t have a problem.

I will be happy to go home on Monday. I will have fewer responsibilities and I am close to my neighbors on both sides. Just five more days (that will be 15 and that’s half of 30!).

I’m real tired so I’ll see you guys tomorrow-

Seena

No comments: