Sunday, July 22, 2007

Day 14

Hi all-

I remembered two more lessons learned:

  • Socialization. In two weeks I have seen almost no people I know. The ideal would be to be part of a fasting group where you could talk daily and support each other. The worst scenario is what I am doing- seeing almost nobody in person. People present a problem because seeing people who are invested in what they think is your health leads to their trying to save your life. These are not good subjects. I will be happy to be home where I have neighbors close by on each side. I live in a senior park so maybe they won’t notice that I am weak and getting thin (just kidding- one neighbor is picking up my mail and watering and knows what I am doing). Maybe I’ll just talk to the mailman- we have a good rapport and he doesn’t have time to hear the story. That’s one more person a day than I have now.
  • Boredom. Elchanan says there is a “constructive boredom”. I have not found that delightful state yet. I started out with guidelines about the TV and quiet time and I’ve broken them all. Boredom will drive you to unknown places. Being weak is so constrictive; I often can’t do anything but lay there (as rest should be). So I will try harder these next weeks to conquer boredom.

Today I did do some enjoyable visualization. I fleshed out what I will be doing to build up my physical health. I included cardio, weight bearing, stretching, and balancing movements. I am very motivated to do this, slowly after re-feeding. I had neglected this for a long time so I am going to be looking funny with so much less fat and so little muscle underneath. I have always been athletic and I like the way it feels to be in shape. I got a great dose of sun today.

Tonight concludes two weeks of water fasting (and two weeks of not pooping!). The rashes on my left side are cleared; the ones on my right side are clearing. I look forward with untold joy to going home to my own house, with my own computer, with my only one quiet dog, with one fifth of the “chores”. I am loading up on water and dog food and will be in for the duration. I have one person getting me supplies and taking me home, another following with my truck. I am quite the happy camper.

We won’t talk about the Padres- they are breaking my heart-

Seena

No comments: