Thursday, July 26, 2007

Day 18

Hi ya-

This morning started off with a senior handyman coming to fix my shower faucets. It's a long boring story so I won't go into it- it took him over 4 hours and cost me $140. He was a skilled plumber but had to make two trips to the hardware store - if you want plumbing done, get a real plumber with a truck full of parts.

We had an interesting talk afterwards about health. He was so confused because all the information out there was conflicting and he just wanted to be healthy. He was 71 and had heart problems, but looked great, and had an incredibly open mind. I ordered him the 80-10-10 book. It's funny how the universe justs brings you what you need- I need a hundred handyman things done and he needs to learn how to use his new computer. I teach basic computer to beginners. He and I are both thrilled that we can exchange services.

I was much more comfortable with the air conditioner on today. And so was Junior my dog! I am pretty weak most of the time and my energy ebbs and flows but it doesn't flow too much. I can sit without fatiguing but sometimes just walking to the bathroom is a chore. My rashes are less itchy today so maybe that process is coming to a close. I talk again with Elchanan in the morning.

I would be lying if I said I didn't wish it was time to break the fast. When I feel bad I wish this more, when I feel better I know I can go on. Also when I feel bad I know if I just wait I will feel more human again. The repetition of the seemingly endless days wears you down like water dripping on a rock. When I feel weak (most of the time) I don't have the energy to creatively engage myself. I welcome naps and a good night's sleep- anything that will move the calendar forward. My body is busy doing wonderful things and I am left behind in the background trying not to get in its way. But I am so grateful for the work it is doing that I don't want to let it down.

That is it. It is like 95 degrees in the middle of the day so I haven't gotten any sun since I have been home. Maybe I will try to get some in the real late afternoon tomorrow. That ought to spark my synapses.

See you tomorrow- maybe I will have a report on what my body has been up to from Elchanan.

Seena

No comments: