Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 2

Hello my friends-

Today was another pretty busy day, I hope the last pretty busy day. I was busy in the morning planning my evening conference call, and spent some time before the call gathering my thoughts on paper. The call went well and I am tired!!

When I woke up this morning I felt TERRIBLE. I felt a little funny in the tummy, and very weak and shaky. I tried getting up but my body didn't want to so I just laid there for a while and thought about it. It had been 1 1/2 days since I ate, and the two last days I ate were mono meals of mostly watermelon. I figured with a fairly good diet the last few weeks leading into the fast, I had probably switched over from burning carbohydrates to burning fat as a source of energy. This realization alone made me feel better.

In my past I had experimented with Atkins type diets to lose weight, so the sensation of being in ketosis was not foreign to me. Actually, I had managed in the past to play basketball regularly in this state- it isn't something I would recommend. I knew I would adjust and once I did get up and walking around I felt much better.

During day two, as I predicted, I experienced no real hunger. There is a general feeling that you could eat, a kind of lightness- but I wouldn't call it hunger. I drank lots of water again, and peed lots again. My body is going to be getting rid of stuff it now has time to during this housekeeping opportunity and needs water to assist it. While I am talking of getting rid of stuff I forgot to mention I had a small bowel movement in the morning yesterday and none today. This is odd for me because the one thing I do have since eating raw is many, easy bowel movements through out the day.

I spent time in the sun today. Sunshine helps a body be healthy. And I like the feel of the sun on my body. I don't wear sunscreen, but I watch how long I am out there, don't do it in the hot part of the day, and don't let myself burn. I also like being tan. I am trying to go out in the back patio and lay in the sun in the early sun, and the going down sun.

I'm pooped (although I didn't poop today!) and I think this will be a recurring theme. If I don't volunteer to rest through this experience then my body will just make me rest. But resting is the whole point so I will be doing that in earnest from now on.

Time to sleep-

Seena

No comments: